Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shoot for the website

On the weekend I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented and professional people in the business. Not only was it fun, but they were all very easy to get along with. Jen Rossiter has worked on most of my shoots, Jen does all the hair and make up. I met Jen years ago at Anifex in Adelaide just before she opened her shop Polkadot in Croydon. Jen works on pretty much every film made here in S.A. and is the top of her game, she is also the face behind Paper Doll Pin Up's and like me has a love of vintage styling. Sven was our very handsome and extremely easy to get along with photographer, how he shot 40 garments in one day to me is astounding, I kept saying I would take some out but Sven insisted and he was right we managed to get through them all. I had a look at the shots last night and they are stunning. William Lazootin who I met through my daughter Gypsy is another great talent, he has been making most of the new patterns here at H.C.H.Q and we are very happy to have him. The most important part of any collection is to have the patterns right and he has nailed it. We thought Willy was only going to stay for a few weeks but he seems to have made Hot Couture his home for a while for which I am eternally grateful. Not only is he the best pattern maker I've ever come across but he has a wicked sense of humour and working with him all day is a breeze. Ginger Taylor is our beautiful model and also my very lovely daughter, we were so proud of how she worked those heels all day and didn't complain once.
AJ from Xstrashiny insisted on one model for continuity and I have to say it turned out pretty darn nice. Cat Fanto helped Jen out and was a pleasure to have on hand all day.
It was a very long day for me and I couldn't have possibly done it without everyones help. We had a great day at Silverback studio's and the professionalism of everyone involved really shows in the photo's. A lot of the frocks have been inspired by clothes I wore myself that were old 50's original's. The wedding frock is my favourite, Ginger thought I would cry when she dressed up as a bride but I think I will save that for the real deal. AJ and Natalie have assured me the website won't take long once they have the photo's so watch this space. Thanks again to the A Team for all your wonderful work on the weekend. XXX Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment