Thursday, March 22, 2012

Louise Whelan Shoot

Last week we did an amazing shoot with the very talented Louise Whelan.
When Lou first spoke to me about doing the shoot I was thrilled, having been a huge fan of Shooting Starlets I was bowled over that she would want to come to Adelaide and shoot Hot Couture. Lou is putting together a coffee table book and wanted Hot Couture and a couple of our models to take part. We shot at Jen Rossiter's house which is full to the brim of fabulous iconic fifties stuff, least of all her stunning cactus garden and hills hoist, how much more Adelaide can you get.
Jen kindly offered to do the models hair and make up, assisted by Molly Harrison they started early while Lou took photo's of me at my studio. Luckily I didn't need hair and make up as I attended The Lindy Charm School work shop just the day before, I was pretty darn pleased with myself I have to say. It was great fun shooting with Lou, she made me feel so comfortable. I'm usually the one running around after the models, not the one in front of the camera. Ginger Taylor and Sarah Easter looked incredibly beautiful in the frocks and play-suits we had chosen. All up it was a pretty pleasant day and we were thrilled when Lou sent the photo's a few days later. Louise is a true genius and we feel very lucky to have been a part of it. Thanks to all the girls involved I love your work. Also thanks to The Queen Street Cafe and Ben for feeding us.



XXX Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment