Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goodbye Greta Kate missing you already.

Our beautiful girl Greta Kate had her last day at Hot Couture today. :(
We knew we couldn't keep her forever and we are grateful that she stayed as long as she did. I knew the day would come when she would be snapped up by some big designer and the time has come.
Greta came over on the weekend with a huge bunch of flowers to break the news. My daughter Ginger was here and was madly looking for "The Sound of Music" on her laptop. You may ask why she might do that, it was so she could play Eidelweiss and make me cry. I didn't.
I held it together and told Greta how proud I am of her and how happy I am and how much we would miss her here at H.C.H.Q. 
Today after she left I lost the plot and cried my eyes out, Ginger would have laughed her head off.
We've had the most wonderful 18 months with Greta Kate not only is she the sweetest, cutest and loveliest girl but she is soooo easy to make laugh. All I have to do is put on my HUGE raccoon coat and stand behind her while she is sewing and she loses it. I will miss her laughing most of all. I saved my party trick where I roll my ears into little balls with rubberbands for her last day. I don't think I have ever seen her laugh so hard, so she left on a good note.
Liza Emanuele your one very lucky lady to have Greta working for you full time, she is one of the hardest workers I know, I hope you appreciate her like we have.
Watch this space and face because one day Greta Kate will be on the catwalks of Milan. I'm sure of it. If you read this Greta feel free to drop by anytime but make sure you bring some of your mum's cookie's. We LOVE you. XXX Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment