Sunday, June 13, 2010

Incase you don't know already Hot Couture sponsors the Adelaide Roller Derby. It is honestly one of the best things that has happened to Hot Couture not only do we make all the uniforms we go to all the games. I personally have become an absolute die hard fan of Derby. Yesterday the Adelaide girls pulled together the Grand Slam one of the biggest tournaments the Southern Hemisphere has ever seen.
We arrived to set up our Sponsor booth about 10am, it was beyond exciting just to be there amongst all the girls. Derby girls everywhere you looked. The teams were playing in the huge halls either side of the show-ground, it was hard to know which match to watch, I swear I lost weight running between the halls. Actually I did find a coffee shop in between where I scoffed lamingtons and coffee, i tell I lie I may have put on some weight. Ginger and April watched to booth while I watched the matches
( Thanks Girls). It was such a great day. Meeting all of the interstate teams and the New Zealand team was fantastic what a great bunch of girls. My fave match was between the Adelaidians and the N.Z. Pirates. Adelaide won by 4 points, only just too, I thought the Pirates were going to win in the last seconds. Three of our girls were benched, I can't even imagine how hard that was for them. The girls were all in tears it was soooooooo awesome. To pull this kind of a weekend together was a pretty big call and I just wanted to thank ARD for letting H.C.be a part of something very special. XXX Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment